Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Confessions of a Yoga Junkie


Over the weekend I heard good news from a yoga convert. She confessed that she'd never really been interested in yoga, always wanting to go, go, go instead. She finally gave it a try and is now an addict. I remember one student in my class telling me that her muscles would feel weird and she knew it was because she NEEDED to do half-moon pose. It is funny how your muscles can almost become addicted to the unique stretching techniques taught in yoga. My sister, a student of Bikram's yoga practices, put me through a mini-session this past weekend, and I can't wait to get a book and try it out some more. The technique is much different than my yogasport style practice, but I LOVED the ideas and poses.
So, for all those who are still avoiding taking me up on this...TRY it THIS WEEK! and by next week you'll be converted too.

1 comment:

Betina said...

Hey, here's a shout out for yoga from a new addict.