Saturday, June 6, 2009

...More for your 'mill

I thought I'd share some other crazy things I do on the 'mill. Be BRAVE! Try these out...you'll look like a pro!

Defensive Drill: I turn my 'mill down to 4mph, with one hand holding on up front I turn my body sideways. Squat down and move feet in a defensive basketball slide...without the slide! Hum...how to explain...shuffle/hop feet in a squat going sideways on your 'mill. Once I've got a beat, I hike it up to 6mph...but stay where you feel in control. Get it? If not, give me a call...it's cool! I usually count to 50 while doing this and then change to the other side. I do 2-3 sets.

A-skip: this one is tricky, but fun. Every third step, lift your knee and drive it down..Hey, THIS GUY explains it pretty well. You can do it with just one side and then the other, then when you get it, put both together. SWEET!


Skip Kick: I can't find a nice guy to explain this one. Jog lightly on the balls of your feet. Kick one foot/leg straight up in front in a hop. Kind of like the A-skip, but bringing up a straight leg instead. Start with just one leg and then alternate when you get in the groove. Yeah...call me.

Yep, I do these crazy/weird looking drills in my small gym...and guess what. Nobody cares. Don't be afraid to try them out. They're great for your work out, help with turn over and form, improve agility, strengthen and protect ligaments and tendons, and if nothing else, I'll think you're cool for trying.

No comments: