Thursday, June 4, 2009

...and eat it too.

Nope, no cake here!
I've been whippin' out healthy menu's right and left (and when I say whippin' I mean spending hours on each one). Although I've prepared and enjoy the dishes that I recommend, I've not yet stuck to a plan myself...until this week. I thought it would be a good idea if I could relate to the people who are eating the food I recommend the way I recommend it! ...and not to give myself a big pat on the back, but I've really liked it. I feel completely in control of the way I eat. I'm eating based on the calories my body need rather than emotion. I'm eating a wide range of exciting foods with the proper amount of vitamins and minerals, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, omega 3's, monounsaturated fatty acids....you see where I'm going.
It also takes the guess work out of meal prep. I already know what I'm going to prepare for dinner today, tomorrow, and the whole week. The biggest change I've noticed is that we have a salad at dinner time EVERY night. I like it. I feel like I've been eating better and I feel like my whole family is eating better too.

Yeah for menu planning...is there a more professional way to say that...meal planning, healthy eating plan, healthy menu...hum???

No comments: