Friday, March 20, 2009

It's FRIDAY

It's already Friday and the big run is almost over. I hope you guys are getting all of your miles in!

I don't know if you all get a chance to watch The Biggest Loser, but it's one of my favorite shows right now. This week all of the contestants ran a 1/2 marathon! These are people who are not nessecerily "runners" or that have been training specifically for that type of work. They're all still overweight, but THEY DID IT! and every single one felt so accomplished and proud of their efforts! I hope that you all feel the same way after your 1/2 or whole marathon week, and think about signing up for the REAL deal. I think you'd be surprised at what you can accomplish!

3 comments:

LeeAnn and Boys said...

yeah me--i ran 5 miles the other day--haven't done that since dad accidentally signed me up for a 10k in high school. So big finish tomorrow--maybe I'Ll do six to show I can!

Keri Hibbard said...

Last year I did 1/2 marathon and I didn't feel that i had to do any more running than what I normally do in a week so this year I thought I would push myself and go for the full marathon....as of today I am on mile 12 and I have 14miles to go... what did I get myself into AHHHHH

Anonymous said...

Not feeling too great but I went out and did freeze out hill. It turned out to be a great run. Had a little thunder shower in the middle of it. Man was I pooped by the time I got back. So another 10 in which makes 24. I plan on doing 8 200's tomorrow morning which will get me the marathon. The old guy is pretty slow but I eventually get there. Keep up the good work. Dad