Monday, August 18, 2008

Vegetarian Month

The vegetarian month ended today, but for most of us, days and weeks early! I actually ended my month on Saturday the 16th. I couldn't resist a Salmon fillet at Sambua in the city! As far as results, what did you all think? I've heard from most of you and we all had different experiences. If you haven't already, please write in and share what you learned/liked/hated/had happen. Then I'll post a record of it all.

As for myself, I did enjoy the experiment overall.

Week 1 I starved to death
Week 2 I was super tired
Week 3 and 4 I felt great

I noticed that "things" were moving more smoothly, as in clockwork (I don't want to talk too dirty here) and I also felt light. I never got that sick too full feeling, no matter how much I ate. I fell in love with quinoa and tried a lot of other great veggie food. After first eating meat again I felt okay the first day. The second day I had a serving of pulled pork. I felt pretty heavy the next morning and "things" were NOT moving smoothly. I think I'll have a veggie day tomorrow and give my poor tummy a break from the meat again.

So what did you think?

I'm going to continue on with Meatless Monday and will probably give myself an equal challenge next summer.

No comments: